To see the latest Mirage Hotel and Casino news, click on a press release link to view. For media inquiries or more information about any of the following press releases, please contact us.
3400 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 791-7111 – Phone
(702) 650-7565 – Media Information
(800) 374-9000 – Toll-Free Room Reservations
(702) 791-7414 – Hotel Fax
Website Address – mirage.com
Facebook – The Mirage
Twitter – @TheMirageLV
iPhone app – The Mirage
• Grand Opening: November 22, 1989
• Wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM)
• Cost: $620 million
• 3,044 guest rooms, including 281 suites
• 4 Keys (2010) – Green Key Eco-Rating Program – the foremost “green” ranking, certification and audit program in North America evaluating sustainable hotel operations (scale of 1 to 5 Keys, 5 Keys is highest designation)
• Concierge available; Daily, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
• More than 100,000 square feet of gaming featuring Race & Sports Book, Poker Room, slot machines and video poker. Table games include Blackjack, Craps, Mini-Baccarat, Roulette, European Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, Pai Gow Poker, Big 6, Caribbean Stud Poker, Let it Ride, War, Three Card Poker and Spanish 21
• Outdoor tropical pool environment surrounded by waterfalls, lush foliage, private cabanas and an outdoor café, with two pools and two whirlpools, all saltwater
• Bare Pool Lounge, an upscale European-style pool experience, features two saltwater dipping pools; caters to guests 21 or older
• More than 170,000 square feet of meeting and convention facilities featuring unique outdoor venues for special events including Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, Bare Pool Lounge and The Volcano, a Las Vegas icon
• The Mirage features six stretch limousines powered by compressed natural gas (CNG). In addition to abundant domestic reserves, CNG is one of the cleanest-burning alternative fuels available
The Mirage Volcano
• The Volcano unveiled dramatic enhancements in December 2008
• Audio/visual spectacle featuring never-before-seen fire effects and a musical composition created by legendary Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart and tabla virtuoso Zakir Hussain
• More than 150 Fireshooters, developed specifically for The Mirage by WET, shoot fireballs choreographed to the music
• The show ends with a giant fire eruption 60 feet into the air
• Erupts nightly every hour on the hour from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m.; schedules are subject to change and vary by season
• Located just beyond the resort entrance
• 100-feet high
• Features a variety of palm trees and flora, including approximately 300 fresh orchids and 1,000 bromeliads
• Computerized misting system produces hazy tropical rainforest atmosphere
• The 53-by-8 foot, 20,000-gallon saltwater display is one of the most elaborate and technically advanced aquariums in the world
• Recently transformed in a collaboration by top aquarium design experts noted for their work at such distinguished facilities as California’s Monterey Bay Aquarium and The National Aquarium in Baltimore
• Aquarium’s filtration and life support systems were replaced with new technology to improve visibility and monitoring while hundreds of new sea creatures were added
• Vibrant artificial coral replicates the Great Barrier Reef of Australia
• Features nearly 1,000 aquatic life forms including sharks, stingrays, porcupine fish, eels, sea bass and puffer fish
• Located behind the front desk
The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil
Publicity Contact: Cara Abrahams, (702) 692-8335, Fax (702) 995-0295
• Brings together the magic of Cirque du Soleil with the spirit and passion of the most beloved rock group of all time – The Beatles
• Explores the essence of love that John, Paul, George and Ringo inspired during their astonishing adventure together
• Performed in the 2,013-seat LOVE Theatre
• Performances: Thursday – Monday, 7:00 p.m. & 9:30 p.m.; Dark Tuesday & Wednesday
• Tickets start at $79 plus tax and service fees
• Reservations: (800) 963-9634 or (702) 792-7777 or visit cirquedusoleil.com/love, thebeatles.com or mirage.com
Terry Fator: Ventriloquism in Concert
Publicity Contact: Chelsea Ryder, Langdon Flynn Communications, (702) 889-2705
• NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” million-dollar winner in 2007
• Celebrity impressionist, singer, comedian and ventriloquist
• Fator and his characters, including Winston the Impersonating Turtle, Cowboy Walter T. Airdale and Duggie Scott Walker, effortlessly execute the singing styles of an eclectic group of stars including Justin Timberlake, Elvis, Maroon 5, Garth Brooks and Gnarls Barkley
• Performed in the 1,265-seat Terry Fator Theatre
• Performances: Tuesday – Saturday, 7:30 p.m.; Dark Sunday & Monday
• Tickets start at $59 plus tax and service fees
Aces of Comedy
• The elegant 1,265 seat Terry Fator Theatre also hosts comedic entertainers including Jay Leno, Daniel Tosh, Ray Romano, Kevin James, Ron White and more.
• BLT Burger – Burgers and more by Chef Laurent Tourondel; Lunch, dinner and late-night dining; Sunday - Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.; Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 a.m.
• Japonais – Japanese cuisine; Dinner; Sunday, Monday, Thursday, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.;
Friday & Saturday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
• STACK – American steakhouse; Dinner; Sunday, Tuesday – Thursday, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.;
Monday, Friday & Saturday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
• Fin – Authentic Chinese cuisine; Dinner; Thursday – Monday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
• kokomo’s – Steaks and seafood; Dinner; Daily, 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
• Onda Ristorante – Classic-rustic Italian cuisine with American innovations; Complimentary wine tasting every Friday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Dinner, Thursday – Monday, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Samba Brazilian Steakhouse – Brazilian Rodizio and Steaks; Dinner; Daily,
5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
• Cravings – The Ultimate Buffet Experience – 11 live-action stations each representing a different culinary region; Monday – Friday, Breakfast, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.; Lunch, 11 a.m. –
3 p.m.; Dinner, Nightly, 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, Champagne Brunch, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Carnegie Deli – Jewish Delicatessen; Daily, 24 Hours
• California Pizza Kitchen – Casual Italian, famous for hearth-baked pizza; Lunch and dinner; Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – midnight; Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
• Paradise Café – Poolside dining; open seasonally
• Dolphin Snack Bar – Casual grab-and-go dining inside Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat; open seasonally
• The Roasted Bean – Gourmet coffees, pastries, sandwiches; Daily, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Starbucks Coffee – Gourmet coffees; Daily, 6 a.m. – midnight
• Blizz Frozen Yogurt – Yogurt smoothies, shakes, floats, frappes and slushies; Sunday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m. – midnight
1 OAK Las Vegas
• Marks the first-ever partnership with The Light Group and New York’s preeminent lifestyle and hospitality company The Butter Group
• The 16,000-square-foot venue provides a visually stunning environment encompassing two separate rooms each housing their own bar and DJ booth
• Features state-of-the-art sound and lighting by Avalon Sound and original works of art created by world-renowned artist Roy Nachum
• Friday & Saturday, 10:30 p.m. - 4 a.m.
• An exclusive lifestyle tattoo studio and retail outlet combined with an interactive lounge and bar
• 4,000-square-foot baroque-inspired venue features marble flooring, lavish fabrics, extravagant chandeliers, glass skulls on the bar and customized chairs fit for a king
• Mario Barth’s clients include Usher, Sylvester Stallone, Lenny Kravitz, Tommy Lee and many others
• Daily, 11 a.m. – 4 a.m.
Bare Pool Lounge
• European-style pool experience catering to adults 21 years of age and older
• An exclusive adult alternative to the typical Las Vegas pool experience with contemporary ambiance and ultra VIP service
• Features two saltwater dipping pools
• Daily, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.; open seasonally
Additional Nightclubs, Lounges and Bars (Ages 21 and older)
• RHUMBAR – A Caribbean-inspired lounge with an outdoor patio; Sunday – Thursday,
1 p.m.– midnight.; Friday & Saturday, 1 p.m. – 2 a.m.
• The Beatles REVOLUTION Lounge – Inspired by the spirit of The Beatles and created by Cirque du Soleil, the lounge is revolutionary in design and atmosphere offering a cutting-edge, interactive experience; Thursday – Sunday, 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.
• The Abbey Road Bar – At the main entrance of REVOLUTION; Daily, noon – 4 a.m.
• Onda Wine Lounge – Wine, artisan cheeses and meats; Daily, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Complimentary wine tasting every Friday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• Japonais – An inviting lounge overlooking the casino floor; Sunday – Wednesday,
3 p.m. – midnight; Thursday – Saturday, 3 p.m. – 1 a.m.
• The Sports Bar – Overlooking the Race & Sports Book; Daily, 24 hours
• Dolphin Bar – Overlooking the pool; Daily, seasonal
Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
• Features rare animal breeds including the White Lions of Timbavati and Siegfried & Roy’s Royal White Tigers of Nevada
• The Secret Garden welcomed its newest “Ambassadors of Conservation,” white tiger siblings Mohan and Majestic, in August 2010
• Family of bottlenose dolphins including the newest male calves K2 and MiraMar, both born in 2011
• Unique, day-long Trainer for a Day program allows guests to work alongside animal trainers and their dolphins
• Guided one-hour VIP tour provides exclusive insight into animal care
o Daily; 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
o Includes group photo with dolphin
o Tours are limited to a maximum of five participants per group
• For Trainer for a Day, VIP tour or group reservations, call (702) 792-7889
• For general admission fees and hours of operation, call (702) 791-7188 or visit mirage.com
*Last admission sold one hour prior to closing
The Spa & Salon at The Mirage
• Recently redesigned with a calming, neutral décor and additional treatment rooms
• Offers a menu of indulgent services featuring botanical elements meant to revive and rejuvenate
• Upscale boutique offers spa and salon products, specialty apparel and unusual accessories and gifts
• Fitness classes offered include Yoga Poolside and Yoga Among the Dolphins held in the underwater dolphin viewing area; all skill levels welcome; Friday-Sunday at 8:30 a.m. (space is limited)
• Spa and Fitness hours: Daily, 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Salon hours: Daily, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Kardashian Khaos – celebrity lifestyle boutique, including products the Kardashian family own, represent and endorse, coupled with exclusive Las Vegas souvenir items; Daily, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
• King Ink – King Ink logo apparel; fashion lines Remedy, Wild Rose and Vegas Royalty; jewelry lines Good Art Hollywood and Gianni; Daily, 11 a.m. – 4 a.m.
• Paradiso – Designer clothing, shoe fashions and accessories for women; Sunday & Monday,
9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Tuesday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
• Misura – Designer clothing and accessories for men; Sunday & Monday,
9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Tuesday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
• The Men’s Shop – Men’s designer fashions and jewelry; Sunday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Impulse – Women's fashions and accessories, The Mirage logo merchandise, flower arrangements, gift baskets and a variety of sundries; Daily; Sundries available 24 hours; Fashion and apparel Sunday & Monday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Tuesday – Saturday, 8 a.m. –
• The Art of Music – Features a large collection of celebrity artwork, memorabilia and fine art; Daily, 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• OPTICA – Stylish eyewear from iconic fashion brands including Cartier, Prada and Dolce & Gabbana; Sunday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• The Watch Boutique – Jewelry and accessories; Sunday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m – midnight
• Sugar Factory – Home of the “Signature Series Couture Lollipop” coveted by celebrities and A-listers; also offers chocolates, candy, decadent gifts and specialty confections; Daily,
8 a.m. – 2 a.m.
• LOVE Boutique – Offers fashion and souvenir apparel, accessories and gifts inspired by The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil; Thursday – Monday, 10 a.m. – midnight.; Tuesday & Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• The Terry Fator Kiosk – Located in the foyer of the Terry Fator Theatre featuring a selection of keepsake items from the show; Tuesday – Saturday, 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Dolphins’ Shop and Secret Garden Store – Located inside Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, these two boutiques offer a wonderful assortment of merchandise featuring dolphins, lions and tigers; Daily, hours vary by season
More than 170,000 square feet of meeting and convention facilities featuring:
• 27 meeting rooms including a 24-seat executive boardroom and 40,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom
• 90,000-square-foot Mirage Events Center, adjacent to Grand Ballroom, can be divided into spaces of 10,000, 30,000 or 60,000 square feet
• State-of-the-art teleconferencing and videoconferencing capabilities
• Can accommodate groups up to 8,650 people
• Unique outdoor venues for special events include Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, Bare Pool Lounge and The Volcano
• For more information, contact Convention Sales, (800) 456-8888; Fax (702) 792-7669
• M life is MGM Resorts International’s new premier lifestyle rewards program
• Program expanded beyond a players club and is available to all MGM Resorts’ guests
• Members earn benefits for virtually every dollar spent at any of 15 MGM Resorts’ world-renowned destinations in Las Vegas, Mississippi and Detroit
• The 15 participating MGM Resorts destinations are Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi and MGM Grand Detroit
• With preferred access, exclusive benefits, experiential rewards and personalized offers, M life leverages a collection of amenities no other resort group can provide
• Mlife.com revolutionizes trip planning by allowing members and guests to the site to browse, discover and tag their favorite amenities within MGM Resorts’ portfolio of brands and easily bundle them into one itinerary. The website integrates a new functionality to create a shareable virtual itinerary, allowing friends and family to easily book the same trip, or any portion of it
• Preferred partnerships, including Ameristar Casinos, Inc., sbe – one of the country’s preeminent hospitality and lifestyle companies, Avis Budget Group and Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment, enhance M life member benefits, access and provide added value beyond the MGM Resorts’ destinations
• For more information, visit mlife.com or connect on Facebook or Twitter
• Shadow Creek is one of the nation’s most exclusive and top-rated golf courses
• The course is available exclusively to guests of MGM Resorts International properties in Las Vegas including ARIA, Bellagio, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur and Circus Circus as well as guests of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
• Greens fee at Shadow Creek is $500 and includes limousine transportation to and from the course, a caddy and a golf cart
• Shadow Creek is home to the annual Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational, one of celebrity golf’s most popular events, attracting such names as Roger Clemens, Wayne Gretzky, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hull, John Smoltz, Mario Lemieux, Julius Erving and Eddie Cibrian among many others
MGM Resorts Events
• Assists guests in planning special functions that require an imaginative touch
• All services, including computer and technical support, scenic design, prop fabrication, graphic arts, floral fashions, carpentry and metal sculpture are created internally to fulfill the individual client’s needs
• Events can be arranged at any of the MGM Resorts International properties in Las Vegas
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world’s leading global hospitality companies, operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. In addition to its 51% interest in MGM China Holdings Limited, which owns the MGM Macau resort and casino, the Company has significant holdings in gaming, hospitality and entertainment, owns and operates 15 properties located in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan, and has 50% investments in three other properties in Nevada and Illinois. One of those investments is CityCenter, an unprecedented urban resort destination on the Las Vegas Strip featuring its centerpiece ARIA Resort & Casino. Leveraging MGM Resorts' unmatched amenities, the M life rewards program delivers exclusive access, one-of-a-kind experiences, insider privileges, personalized rewards and partnership offers for both gaming and non-gaming members at the Company's renowned resorts nationwide. Through its hospitality management subsidiary, the Company holds a growing number of development and management agreements for casino and non-casino resort projects around the world. MGM Resorts International supports responsible gaming and has implemented the American Gaming Association’s Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming at its gaming properties. The Company has been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for its industry-leading Diversity Initiative, its community philanthropy programs and the Company’s commitment to sustainable development and operations. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company’s website at mgmresorts.com.
# # #
MGM Resorts International Public Relations